To write a Python program which can be used to authenticate for Squid proxy server. This is useful when you don’t want to configure complex systems like LDAP, ntlm etc.
- When you want to authenticate clients using mysql database.
- When you want to authenticate clients using flat files or /etc/passwd file or some custom service on your network. Continue reading
To write a custom Python program which can act as a plugin for Squid to redirect a given URL to another URL. This is useful when already existing redirector plugins for Squid doesn’t suit your needs or you want everything of your own.
- When you want to redirect URLs using a database like mysql or postgresql.
- When you want to redirect based on mappings stored in simple text files.
- When you want to build a redirector which can learn by itself using AI techniques Continue reading